Well, that all depends, really. We know that’s probably not the answer you were looking for, but don’t worry, we’ll help you find the right answer.
After developing your Social Media Marketing Plan, take a few minutes to answer the questions below.
What is the goal you want to achieve by using social media?
To choose the right Social Media channel, you need to determine why you want to use it for your business at all.
- Do you want to attract more customers?
- Do you want to make connections with other professionals within your industry?
- Will you use it to promote sales or specials?
- Who are your customers and what Social Media networks are they using? Talk to your customers. Find out where they go online to learn about new products, restaurants, or retail stores.
- Are you currently reaching your ideal customer? If not, figure out where your ideal customer is spending their time online, and go there.
- What Social Media channels are your competitors using? This is an easy, free way to check out your competition. However, keep in mind that not everyone has a balanced and thoughtful marketing plan in place before beginning social media, so don’t just “follow the leader” and do what your competition is doing.
Feel like you have a better sense of what you want out of Social Media? Good! Now, let’s move onto an in-depth look at each of the four big Social Media channels we’re covering within this guide.