Back to: Holiday Profits Wrapped With A Bow: Holiday & Black Friday Promotion Planning
One of the best ways any day of the year to turn traffic into sales is through sampling and demonstrations. For the Holiday season, there are lots of opportunities…
- Retailers set-up demonstration stations so potential customers can try before they buy. Have dedicated staff support higher-priced items to make sure customers understand how the product works with ease. Costco does this all the time.
- Grocery Stores follow the lead from Whole Foods Market and set-up sampling and tastings for every department in your store. Product flies off the shelf when customers can taste-drive different foods.
- Restaurant owners, sampling isn’t simply for food stores. Showcase your appetizers and desserts – provide a taste of your new sweet potato puffs or seasonal milkshake. Have wait staff offer bites of their two favorite desserts – just enough to have them crave more – and intrigue customer taste buds.
- Cheese shops, speciality retail stores or catering companies can host a Holiday Appetizer Party! It is a great excuse to have fun with your customers and showcase your wide array of party food.
- Flower Shops can host a decorating with seasonal flora and fauna class. They could even make it a class in the New Year and turn it into a Gift Certificate to sell as the ‘perfect gift for the flower lover on your list.’
- Wine shops can host sampling events or classes on Perfect Holiday Wine Pairings and Find Your New Year’s Eve Sparkling Wine.
- Computer & Electronic Stores have a great opportunity to demonstrate their gadgets and gizmos as the ‘perfect gift for all the guys on your list.’
- Greeting Card/Stationery Stores can offer Holiday and New Year Card-Making Workshops to help customers get their cards done.
- Cosmetic Store or Salon can give 10-minute make overs featuring their latest products.
See more ideas and implementation detail in the Sampling & Demonstration Guide.
We have a full Course dedicated to Sampling & Demonstrations titled Sample & Demonstrate Your Way To Higher Sales. If sampling is a weakness for you or your team – or you simply want more tools, tips and ideas, we recommend checking out this Course.