Word-of-mouth (or WOM for short) is the passing of information from person-to-person. It could be as simple as telling someone the time of day, gossiping over morning coffee, or telling a story. It is one of the oldest forms of communication.
Word-of-mouth marketing is about putting person-to-person communication to work for your business.
One of the most credible – and, therefore, effective – ways to spread the word about your business is word-of-mouth marketing.
All word-of-mouth marketing techniques are based on the concepts of customer satisfaction, two-way dialog, and transparent communications. The essential elements are:
- Educating people about your products and services,
- Identifying people most likely to share their opinions,
- Providing tools that make it easier to share information,
- Studying how, where, and when people share opinions, and
- Listening and responding to supporters, detractors, and neutrals.
Great so far, [user_custom_field field=”first_name” /]?
We know, you want to know how you make your brand talkable.
It isn’t easy to do, but the answer is simple: You’ve got to give reasons for people to talk about what you do.
You need to be talkable. Able to be remarked about. You have to stand our from the crowd and be remarkable.