After deciding what the Customer Experience Standards will be for your business, share these findings and new “rules” with your team. Have an “all-hands” meeting to discuss these standards, and
encourage require participation from all members of your team.
- Ask each team member to give examples of great customer service experiences they’ve had as a customer.
- Ask each team member to provide examples of awful customer service experiences they’ve had as a customer.
- Role play to practice your new standards, and get your team members feeling comfortable with their new expectations.
- Ask employees to share their success stories of providing exceptional customer service.
- Have employees sign a document outlying the new Customer Service Experience standards so that they are committed to the idea of providing exceptional service.
While incentives for sales are expected, reward your employees for exceptional customer service – make an example of them, in the best way possible!