Whenever we have a challenge – a client problem, trying to generate a new idea, developing strategy – we rely on the key steps below to solve our problem, creatively. We use this creative problem-solving process to create ideas that we hope become an innovation.
- Stay Informed -Stay Informed of your own business, of your customers, of your industry, of your competitors. [Articles about Staying Informed]
- Problem Recognition – Problem Recognition is critical. It is the ability to notice that change is about to take place. [Articles about Problem Recognition]
- Problem Identification – Once you realize you’ve got a problem the next step is to determine the cause of an issue. Identifying the root cause of a problem. [Articles about Problem Identification]
- Brainstorming – Idea generation. Thinking up new ideas. [Articles about Brainstorming]
- Decision Making – The process of reviewing all of the ideas generated and measuring them against the objectives of what you’re trying to solve. [Articles about Making Decisions]
- Plan Crafting – Writing your planned approach. This is the step where it all comes together. [Articles about Plan Crafting]
- Be The Champion – Ideas – especially new or those perceived as risky – need champions. Ambassadors to share the benefits of testing and implementing. [Articles about: Being The Champion]
- Implement – Implementation is where all the pre-work comes together and action is taken. [Articles about Implementation]
- Return to Stay Informed
Creative Problem Solving
We think you’ll find this process helpful for your organization as well.