Congratulations! You successfully completed your first Store Tour! We hope you and your team had fun, and learned something about your competition and your own business.
Before you go, let’s recap!
Here are the basic steps for conducting a successful Store Tour:
1. Select Your Topics – What do you want to explore? Customer service? In-store signage? Product offerings? The world (or, at least your neighborhood) is your oyster.
2. Store Tour Key Steps – Visit locations, take notes, prepare a casual presentation, share findings with the team and use the information to drive change in your business!
3. What to Look For – based on your industry and the topics you’re focusing on, you need to make a list of specific items to look for. For example, How many types of cupcakes do they offer? Is there an open kitchen? How helpful are the sales associates? etc.)
4. Details – at every business you visit, you should be looking for features you can compare across the industry. What’s your first impression? How is the product presented? What signage do they use in store?
5. Back at the Office – On the same day as the tour, each team should share their assigned topics, where they went, and their key findings. Next, think about what your business should start doing, stop doing and continue doing based on the neighborhood tours.
You see, [user_custom_field field=”first_name” /], all of these “small” things add up to one big thing – the customer experience. And how a customer feels when they are in your location might make them always decide to come back to you for what they need, or check out the competition because they are dissatisfied.
Until next time, [user_custom_field field=”first_name” /]!
Visit your My Courses page and see that you now have a new Certificate for completing this course! (that is, if you’ve checked all the lessons complete).